- If the second event occurs immediately after the first, we can express that idea using the structure no sooner … than.
- Note that in this structure no sooner introduces the event that occurred first.
- No sooner had I arrived at the station than the train came. ( I came first and the train arrived right after me.)
- No sooner had we heard the noise than we rushed to the spot.
- No sooner had she finished one project than she started working on the next.
- No sooner had I closed my eyes than I fell asleep.